Wow. What a week.
This week saw the start of the KiwiBank Fintech Accelerator (KFA), and over the last 5 days, the Hnry team has been getting up to speed and starting to shift gears.
We moved into our new home at CreativeHQ and have been getting to know our neighbours - the other FinTech startups in the programme. The level of energy and enthusiasm in the co-working space is amazing - there’s so much talent here, and so much potential for each team to make some big changes to the Financial Services landscape. It’s been a sweltering week in the office - probably a combination of the outside temperature coupled with the furious levels of activity going on!
We’ve had some amazing wins already in the space of 5 days - some highlights for us being:
- Getting introduced to the amazing programme team and coaching staff on Monday
- Spending all day on Tuesday working with Julie Treanor from Just Lead, bringing together our team to discuss ways of working, collaborative styles, and how to get the most out of each other
- Hearing from SaaS guru Serge van Dam on Wednesday, who gave great advice around pushing to be a global player, as well as trying to be successful in New Zealand
- Planning out our goals for the next 12 weeks with our coaching team on Thursday (there are some seriously lofty goals in there)
- Hearing some amazing stories from past accelerator alumni on Friday, about the highs and lows of their own journeys
- Gaining new Hnry customers steadily throughout the course of the week - the more we speak to people, the more they get excited about what we’re doing and sign up themselves!
We can’t wait for next week to start - we’ll be spending the next 10 days focused on talking to as many potential customers as possible, to try and understand more about the context of problems we could solve for them, so that we can really refine the Hnry service. It’s going to be an amazing 12 weeks, and we just can’t wait to share that journey with you all.
Quote of the Week: “Don’t think local, just go global” - Serge van Dam